Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Beginning of summer update

Things have been so busy! I can't believe 6 weeks has gone by and I haven't written anything. I wish I could blog as I live my life...record things in my head or something. Anyway, the kids are doing great and keeping me busy as always.

A major milestone hit me over the head on Monday. B had his first haircut. It kind of snuck up on me. Our friend was coming over to cut D's hair as well as mine so when I asked her about B's, she said sure. He was kind of out of it because he had just awakened from nap. He sat in David's lap. It was so hard to watch and I just prayed it would still be curly when she was done! He looks like such a little boy now. I only cried for a brief moment. At least it's behind me now!

B is doing a lot better in terms of tantrums and such and he's definitely matured. We can go out in public and he walks around like a big boy. He follows directions and really does a great job. I'm so enjoying my time with him right now. He's laughing more than crying now and I love it! The words are coming slowly. He's mimicking a lot. Yesterday D yelled "not nice" at David and B yelled it too only it sounded like "nah nigh." So awesome to hear him try though! Tonight he counted to 5 while reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar. And he's finally ending words with consonants rather than vowels like "up" and "on." And he said "play" too! I'm so proud of him!!

D has been interesting lately. We either get sweet D or tantrum-y cranky D. From what I hear that is typical but wow. Jekyll and Hyde! We joined the Y last week and started a sports class with her. They kids were trying to get basketballs into a 7ft hoop and she was the only one in the class to do it. Another mom and I cheered and she FREAKED out. Ran over to me crying and shaking. All because we cheered for her. For some reason, she hates cheering. She says it's too loud and it scares her. I have no idea where it stems from but it's crazy. I'm taking her back to the class tomorrow. Here's hoping we survive. She's loving summer "camp" at her school again and in a couple weeks she starts swimming lessons. So hopefully those things will get her out of her funk. She and B have been having a lot of fun together. Not as much fighting and I don't think she's had her hair pulled once this week!

I'm really enjoying my kids right now. We're getting out and able to do a lot because B is following directions and it makes life so much easier. He's really becoming a little boy. And I just want to eat him up!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am soooo happy to hear all these wonderful things from you about B and D! Yay for you!!!! :) Post some photos when you can. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete