Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Stressful times

I've been so out of it lately. I haven't written since Thanksgiving. That was like 2 weeks ago! I will do a quick recap.

We decided to have B evaluated for a speech delay. The evaluators came last week. They both agreed that he has some form of delay, both speech and developmental (probably because he doesn't communicate well). They are recommending that he get therapy. We are now waiting to hear from the Regional Center what they will grant us. I sure hope something! He has no words. He grunts. He points. He smiles. He signs "more" and does a few other motions that we understand. He also bites, hits and yells. The boy gets frustrated. And so do we. I have had such a hard time with the tantrums and crying. I have wanted to turn in my mommy card many times in the past two weeks. I just feel like I can't handle it. People tell me it will get better. I really hope it does. Now he has a cold. I took him to the doctor today because I was worried he might have an ear infection. His naps have been horrible. He's overtired. And apparently he's teething which is making it worse. Fun!

On the flip side, there's D. The most amazing almost 4 year old girl. She has been so great lately. So fun! I think that has made my time with B more difficult. I feel robbed that I can't spend more time with D. We've been celebrating Hanukkah all week. She has loved all of her presents. Last night she didn't get one and didn't even ask for one. I was shocked. Tonight during cuddles she recited the blessing over the candles in Hebrew! Knocked my socks off. We made holiday cards for her teachers today and wrote all the words and names herself. Amazing. I'm so proud of her. She still has her moments but she's such an awesome kid! We celebrated the first day of Hanukkah at school on 12/1. I was snack mom and brought Grammie and Grandpa too. I read a story to the class, lit the candles with D and showed them dreidels. I brought latkes of course. It was so fun. Magic moments! Holidays are sooooo much more fun with kids!

I have so much to do. Holiday card, Snapfish, etc. Sick kids, tantrum-y/needy kid, etc. At least David is home more in the next couple weeks because of down time at work. Bad for money but good for my sanity! Last night of Hanukkah tomorrow and here's hoping the kids sleep and B feels better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment