Monday, December 20, 2010

Speech therapy here we come!

The case manager from RC came and approved B's therapies. He's going to be getting speech 2x/week, child development 1x/week and then he's also going to be evaluated for OT as well. She thought he might have some sensory issues since he's constantly drooling and he stuffs his mouth with food. There might be numbness or something that makes him not able to feel parts of his mouth. This whole thing is so mind numbing! I can't wait to get it all started though. I so badly want to see improvement. And I so badly want him to stop hitting, biting and pulling hair! He got two handfuls of mine yesterday and it hurt like hell. He does it to D all the time. NOT FUN! The poor kid just gets so frustrated because he can't tell us what he wants or needs. He probably thinks we're stupid because we can't understand him! Anyway, all of this is going to start after Jan. 3. I'm in the process of finding a speech therapist because our insurance covers it and we have to expend our resources before expending the RC's. It makes sense but I swear we're going to go broke over this. Can't wait for that tax return!!

It has been raining since Friday. CRAZY! We haven't had this much rain in years. I think it's supposed to keep going until Thursday. I think we're all going to go nuts. Yesterday we filled the wading pool with plastic balls and let the kids go nuts in the living room. Today the sitter is here and I was able to take B to My Gym this morning. But who knows what the afternoon is going to be like! My folks are coming tonight to let David and I go to dinner. It's been awhile since we've had a date night. I sometimes wonder if I'm going to survive this stage of my life and then I look at my friends who have 3 kids or more and wonder how the heck they do it. I need to remember that my kids are basically healthy and great and I need to stop complaining so much! Ok, going to go now and complain.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment