Thursday, February 10, 2011

Poor boy and his snot

Go figure that my last post was so positive. A day later, B got sick. And he's been sick now for almost 2 weeks. Poor kid. He woke up that Monday morning sneezing. I figured it might just be allergies because it was windy. I took him to My Gym and by midday, I knew it was a cold. The next day his nose was runny. And I swear it's been runny every since. We missed speech therapy and child development and went to the doctor. Turns out he had a pus ridden ear infection on top of his snotty-ness. Then the cough started. We took him back to the doctor and he was put on inhalation treatments. His cough got worse. I started freaking out. (Enter D's RSV trauma here). So I took him back today and guess what? B has RSV. Or croup. Or some other bronchial infection. Needless to say, he's being treated for all of it. The good news is that after his horrible day yesterday, today was a little better. So maybe yesterday was the hump. His nose has been better but that's probably because he was put on claritin too. Yesterday he couldn't breathe at naptime so he didn't nap. The first time ever. Today he almost didn't either but I let him cry a bit and I think he was so tired, he gave in. I am so tired. So tired of all the snot. The drool. The coughing. Ugh! At least the little cold D seemed to have went away. Of course my parents won't come anywhere near our house for fear of getting sick themselves or passing it on to my grandma. Thank goodness David didn't need to work much this week. I have no village. My village is David. I can't even find a babysitter. Aren't there people who need work? Ugh. This post is like a big run-on sentence. Anyway, I guess the silver lining is that B is improving and hopefully he will be even better tomorrow. Please.

1 comment:

  1. OMG -- if i were in the same town, i'd come over and take b... i am just as sick as he! we could be roommates! e has been battling something for over 2 weeks too... but life goes on in the quach household! i have been so sick since monday - hence the absence in the blogs! for me life goes on when i am sick so i prefer if the children are sick - at least i have the energy to take care of them! ughhhh!!! get some rest in the evening my friend! you have to take care of yourself so you can take care of those precious little ones! (i should practice what i preach!) xoxoxo hang in there! we'll fight this flu season together! as e says, "i'll bring out my sword to fight those germs away, mommy!" (ok, you do that, but let's blow your nose first!)

    ReplyDelete