Saturday, January 29, 2011

Cuter with sleep

B has been taking great naps. I hope I'm not jinxing myself. He went 7 days with 2 hour naps and then had a lapse as he went back to only an hour with crying when he woke up. But yesterday, he slept for 2.5 hours! Today was an hour and a half but he woke up happy. It's so great! He's such a different kid when he's well rested. He and D were chasing each other, giggling their heads off. It's a beautiful thing. He's babbling more and trying to imitate more. It's progress. And it's beautiful.

I went to my therapist today. Last time I went, I was so down. Today I spoke mostly about happy things. Progress. How B is making strides. How in a year, life will look so differently. Even 6 months. Heck, a month from now at that rate he's going! I feel better every time she tells me how hard the job of "mother" is and that nobody ever says it. That's what I've been saying for years. I get so tired of the supermoms who seem happy and positive about EVERYTHING. Drives me nuts. I like hanging out with my less-than-perfect mom friends.

Speaking of supermoms, Erica and family moved today. Off to SLO. I'm bummed and jealous. But I'm happy that they are moving only 10 minutes from David and Molly and we'll see them when we visit up there. I can't imagine moving with a 4 year old and a 20 month old. Moving with D at 9 months was crazy enough. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

1 comment:

  1. a mom's job is the hardest job in the world! people who do not know better think i sit around all day eating bon bons while the children play nicely around me. what the heck, right?! you are doing an awesome job jill! your love for b and d show clearly in the way you always worry about them and all the things you do with and for them! they are very lucky and when they are older, i will remind them how much you love them.

    ReplyDelete