Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Really? Sick again?

So it's been a week. I haven't nursed B. He seems content with stories and cuddles. It's working out. I don't miss it too much although right now, I wish I could help him. He's sick again. Getting over croup. Poor kid has a cough that breaks my heart. I guess I'm comforting him enough but there's just something about nursing him that seems to be so soothing to us both. Tonight he actually let me hold him without reading while I sang to him. He was sucking on his fingers and was pretty sleepy. My sweet sweet boy. He caught his cold last week and I thought I heard the croupiness start on Friday so I took him to the doctor because I was leaving on Saturday to go to San Diego for an overnight. Of course he was fine at the doctor's. I left on Saturday and came home Sunday to find David holding B in the kitchen looking so pathetic. David had given him medicine and we called the doctor. Back to inhalation treatments and back to the doctor on Monday. At least it's just croup. D was complaining about her ear a lot and then last night woke up crying. So I took her to the doctor today. Bad ear infection and back on antibiotics. I swear, it never ends! And I just want to cuddle with them both and take it all away. At least B slept last night and was better today. Hopefully that will happen to D tonight as well.

So the overnight away from the kids went well. David took care of them both and they didn't seem to miss me. Much. I guess that means I can do it more often! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment