Thursday, April 7, 2011

Words are coming!

B is saying "Mommy!" It's been "MaMaMa" for so long and then yesterday it was finally "Mommy." B is sick again. He has a cold. He didn't nap yesterday. And yet, he's been so chatty. He's been trying new words. We can't totally understand him sometimes but the words are coming. Baby was "bubby" today at speech therapy. He called Grandpa, "Pa." Much to my amazement, he said "wa wa" when asking for his water in the car on the way home from speech today. This is the beginning!

On the flip side, the tantrums are almost every 5 minutes. If we say "no" the dam breaks and he wails. It it so grating and I want to rip all of my hair out. Thank goodness for therapy. And antidepressants. At least there were some positives today and it can only get better. I hope. I did request behavior management assistance through Regional Center and fortunately, it was approved. So we will get help. And another hour of therapy. We're up to 5 hours a week with OT starting next week.

I almost forgot....B's fall. So last week, we met Mercy and her daughter at the park for a playdate. B was on the top of the jungle gym with Airalyn and she was saying "B, I'm going to get you." I saw what was happening and yelled to him to stop backing up. He backed right off of the thing. Fell 7ft. We called 911. Ambulance ride to the ER, x-rays and CT Scan later, and he was fine. It's really amazing I haven't been committed.

And in D's world, she was sent to have an x-ray on her hip because the doctor thinks she might (very small chance) have arthritis. Really? All in the same week? Fortunately, the x-ray was negative. But now she's complaining about her knee again. I really hope I survive this stage of my life without the men coming with the straight jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment