Friday, November 5, 2010

Big milestone!

Today was a big day.

It started like a normal day. Crazy as always. At least the kids slept in a little so that was nice but then it was a rush to get David out the door and a guessing game about B's first nap. I decided to ditch it, throw them in the car and meet Grandpa at the park. We had fun. B was definitely tired. So we came home and I gave them lunch early so I could get him down. I put them both down early at 12:30. D fell asleep fine. B never did. UGH! So I got him up a little before 2 and played until we woke up D at 2:15.

Before I had put them down for nap, Christina from next door called to see if D wanted to come over for a playdate with Gwen in the afternoon. We had Lacresha coming over in the afternoon to help out so I thought it was a great idea because then I could actually get something done. When I first asked D, she wanted me to come. I explained to her that I would walk her over and leave her there for awhile and then come back to get her. She didn't seem so keen on the idea. I told her to think about it and we'd decide after nap. When she got up from nap, she was all for it. Her biggest fear was stepping in dog poop in their backyard. For some reason, each time we've been over there, she's stepped in dog poop! When Lacresha got to the house, I took D next door. She got a little clingy until Christina asked if she wanted a popsicle. That was it. She was fine and I left. I was able to do laundry, dishes and a run to TJs. It was lovely. I went back at 5 to get her and she was wearing a white dress up gown with her sneakers. It was great. She didn't want to leave. It was so huge for her to do what she did. I'm so proud of her!!!!

Now back to the nap thing. This was day 2 of B not napping. Since his croup, his schedule has been off. This is so not good. We "fall back" on Sunday and we're going to be in such hell if we can't get him to nap tomorrow and go to bed later. Tonight I put him to bed at 5:45 because he was so tired. YIKES! I think I'm going to bed early tonight and tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment