Thursday, November 4, 2010

Feeling better

So it's been a few days. Much has happened. In good news, the Giants won the World Series. In not so good news, B came down with croup over the weekend. I took him to the doctor on Saturday and not only did he have croup, but an ear infection too! UGH! He cried like crazy. No wonder he's been so fussy. I felt like mother-of-the-year of course. D's first ear infection was like that too. We had no idea! Well, armed with an antibiotic and steroid for his barking cough, we got through the weekend. Once he was a little better, I got sick. Not just a cold, full blown bronchitis. Love that I can call the doctor and get the antibiotic over the phone because there was no time to go in to be seen. That was Monday. By Tuesday David had a cold. FUN TIMES! The good news is that we are all feeling better. I took B to the doc today for a recheck on his ear and he's fine. I decided to take him for his allergy test while we were near the lab. We'd really like to know about the peanuts. BAD idea. Although there never really would have been a good time. Turns out, he's hard to tap. They had to go in both arms. He cried and cried. BROKE MY HEART! But again, silver lining, after a crappy afternoon nap, he was in a great mood! I really think all the fussing and whining has been because of his ear. Who knows. At least he was happy and squealing!

I don't know what is going on with B and his naps. Because he's been sick, we have gone back to the two naps until today. Hopefully now we can find a rhythm.

Tonight I made pigs in a blanket for dinner. I'm so tired of having the same thing all the time and fighting the kids and their pickiness. So, tonight was hot dogs. Organic, all beef, no nitrate hot dogs! We had baked beans, red peppers and cucumbers. The most gassy meal ever! But everyone ate, no complaints!! Hooray!

Funniest part of me being sick.... My cough is deep and sounds horrible. For some reason, it startles B to the point of him diving head first into my lap. If I'm standing, all of a sudden, I have a little boy wrapped around my leg. It's the cutest thing! That and all the cuddles, if only I could bottle them up and save them for when he's too busy for me or with his girlfriend or off to college or something. I love that little boy!!!

1 comment:

  1. so glad to hear that there was a reason for his fussiness. take care... tis the season for illnesses. we were in the same boat -- hence the reason i have been off the blog! back tonight for a quick halloween update. take care! xxoo

    ReplyDelete