Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Rewards or bribes?

So I just bribed D to poop. What is this world coming to? Ok, not the world, but this house! For some reason, she waits to poop until she in a diaper and in bed after we've said goodnight. This means that usually less than 5 minutes after we've left her room, she poops and comes to find us. And that's when we've told her to call us, not to come and find us. It's so annoying! So tonight, we were cuddling and we were going over how many stars she needed on her chart to go to Travel Town. Dad came up with the idea to give 2 stars at night and 1 star for nap since night time seems to be more difficult and for nap she stays down all the time. For some reason, I decided to be brilliant and say, "I'll give you 3 stars if you poop before we put you to bed!" We sent her off to her room and she puttered around a bit before she came back but when she came back, we asked her if she pooped and she said yes. Of course I didn't believe her and needed proof. Amazing. There was poop! So I gave her 3 stars. While it did help in getting the poop out before saying goodnight, she did get up again twice before finally settling in...or at least we think she has settled in.

On a bright note, the peeing has been going so well. Even during dinner tonight she said "Mama, I have to pee." So I took her and we peed! Seems like as long as I pee with her or we do the "Ok, pee and yell surprise and we'll come get you," it totally works. I just hope she can do it at school. I think she gets distracted and pressured there since there is only one toilet. Damn school. That's a whole other entry. Although I will say that we're going to go check out another school on Friday that I'm really hoping works out!!

As for B, he is just cute. Squealing and squeaking is how we communicate. The best part is when it's in the car and I can see his face in the mirror. He does it when he's in the stroller too but I can't see his face. That boy is crawling faster and faster and pulling himself up easier. Not sure when he'll start walking but I don't think it's too far off.

No comments:

Post a Comment