Sunday, June 6, 2010

We all need more sleep

This weekend was not high on my list of good weekends. Ok, it just wasn't a good weekend. D has been overtired because she wakes up with the sun and then gets up. Of course that means we wake up as well. Not good. We probably did not make the best decision by making a water fun playdate with her friend from school on the same day as a birthday party in the afternoon. On a hot day no less. She fizzled by the end of the playdate, had a short nap and then fizzled (and cried because she fell) at the end of the birthday party. Today was not much better. Listening skills, not good. Drove me insane, pushed all of my buttons and I wanted to kill someone. No, not one of my children. But I did manage to throw a toy against a wall (which then broke) and scream in my closet. Not the best parenting day ever. Ugh. On the bright side, D did poop in the potty again but did have an accident at Borders. Oh well, can't have everything I guess. Dad put up a blackout shade in her room today. Seems to have helped with bedtime. Let's hope it helps in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment