Saturday, July 24, 2010

Another week goes by

So another week has gone by without me writing much. I keep forgetting! So I will recap as much as I remember.

Summer school ended this week. D enjoyed it I think. She was still clingy up until the end but we went to a swim party at a fellow yellow door student's home. It was really nice for me to meet the other moms and not feel like such an outcast. I guess D and I both had some trouble adjusting. But I do need to remember that she is the youngest of her class. All of the other kids will be 4 before her or already are 4. She really does fit in though. We went in the pool and ate pizza. It was fun. And I was very proud of her for all of a sudden saying "I have to pee!" when getting off of the pool raft. She's a big girl! She also didn't have a nap the whole day (a first!) and did just find until bed. And we didn't hear a peep from her when we shut the door!

Another nice thing about school is that Teacher Brooke, one of D's favs, asked me if I needed a babysitter. Since Lacresha will be leaving us eventually, I said "SURE!" And one last nice thing is that Director Debbie and another mom who had just been snack mom said D is so so sweet. I'm always a proud mama whenever anyone says that about her!

B is standing on his own more and more. And two times now, he has stood up from the floor. I hope he decides to walk soon. My back is shot. And it would be nice to hear him say a word or two. Dad is starting to worry. I'm not worried, it would just be nice...especially to hear "mama!"

As for field trips, I took the kid to the Simi Mall yesterday for fountain romping. D loves it. And I enjoy being somewhere else for lunch. B has been really fussy though so feedings are not fun. I think he's food bored just like the rest of us. Seems that when he gets something he hasn't had or not in awhile, he eats it up. D on the other hand, likes the same things over and over again. Best of both worlds! Today Dad didn't have to work and we all went to the Tropical Daze Festival in Thousand Oaks. It was fun! There was live music, hula hooping and crafts. A lot of stimulation! I didn't know how B was going to do because he didn't nap in the morning. But he was fine. I think we will try again tomorrow to keep him up in the morning and see how he does.

Cute things of the week:

D and I took Kona to the vet for a teeth cleaning and D got all weepy about missing Kona. So cute! We made sure that D got to go pick her up when she was ready.

The excitement of D eating chocolate covered strawberries for the first time.

Grandpa Gil meeting us for a picnic at school with his "brown bag" lunch. D was so excited! And so was Grandpa. :)

D hula hooping today. See pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment