Monday, August 30, 2010

Catching up....again

So another week has gone by since I've written. I had a migraine all week...or one everyday. Not sure which. Not good. If I could only stop breastfeeding and find something that would help. The problem is, I love the time I get to spend with B. He's so cuddly and very comforted by the experience. I am too. And D isn't around to intrude or try to get my attention. So it's special time for us. But on the flip side, the headaches have been lousy. The hot, hot weather and humidity probably haven't helped. There are no other meds that I can try until I stop BFing. Oh well. Here's hoping I get some relief so I can drag my feet some more. I'm not ready to stop. And B isn't ready either!

B is walking more and more everyday. He does really well while barefoot in the house. But he hasn't mastered shoes yet so we can't have him walk around outside. He kind of drags his feet so in shoes, he just falls down. I've been trying to get more video of his walking. I don't really have any of D. For some reason, I took pictures of her rather than much video. What was I thinking?

Yesterday, my folks took both kids to their house for a couple hours so that David and I could have some peace. My dad came up to get the kids in the van around 10:15 and then they came back after lunch. They had a blast! B crawled all over their back patio and his jeans were so dirty! I guess that's what I have to look forward to with having a boy. D helped my dad with some gardening and B watched. It was a good experience all around. Unfortunately, I had a headache and wanted to take a nap. Oh well. Next time we'll be productive or go out for brunch. At least we know that it's possible now.

This morning at breakfast, D turned to her dad and said "You're a genius!" Then looked at me and said "You're a genius because I love you!" The things that come out of her mouth. She's dreading school. Her teacher is coming on Thursday for a home visit. Hope it goes well. We've been reading "Llama Llama Misses Mama" and hopefully it will hit home with her when she goes back next week. David took her to Kidspace on Friday. Special time for them, and a little peace for me and B. I took him to my folks for lunch.

Almost forgot. B's 15 month appointment was on Wednesday. He's 27 lbs. 31 1/4 inches long. Unfortunately he was still getting over a cold so he couldn't get his shots. Dr. Jena thought he might have croup so we had to cancel our trip to see Tara and family. But at least he's a healthy, growing boy. At 12 months he was 25 lbs, 29 1/2 inches. Guess he's a good eater!

1 comment:

  1. home visit from the teacher? wow, that must be special for her! looking forward to hearing, i mean, reading what happened! and i will agree with dana, you ARE a genius! ;)

    ReplyDelete