Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Already August

Time is flying. And so is my memory. I keep forgetting to blog. Actually, I keep choosing to forget I think. My headaches have been overpowering lately. Seems I'm having similar issues to that of 2 years ago when I was nearing the end of D's nursing days. Well, staring at a computer for long periods of time hasn't helped so blogging has fallen by the way side. And it's a darn shame too because I find myself forgetting so many cute things. One I had Dad write down the other day. We had been to Grammie and Grandpa's to go in the jacuzzi. When he asked D if she had fun in their little pool, she said "No you mean the Skoogie!" Kids really do say the darndest things!

We've done a lot of swimming by comparisons to other summers. Our neighbors invited us to their parents up the street for Tuesday swim playdates and we've been twice. Fortunately Lacresha has been able to go with us. There's no way I could take both kids on my own. We've gone a few times to my parents "skoogie" as well. I love swimming with the kids but all the sunscreen and changing and baths...it gets really tedious. We've had a very mild summer and I shouldn't complain but I am looking forward to jeans weather again!

B took his first step today. He was standing in the family room right next to me and I slid back just a little and held out my hands and he took a step and fell right into me. It's the beginning!

Sharing is getting worse, not better. D keeps taking things from B and my patience is just gone. So she goes straight into a time out. There is probably a different way but I don't know what else to do. As much as she does well with rewards, she also does well with consequences so we'll see if she learns.

With all the headaches and her being home from school, I feel like she's getting a raw deal. I always feel guilty. Someday we'll all look back and laugh, right?

One more cute thing from D. She took her first shower ever with me last week. It was a huge step. She doesn't like getting water in her face. But she looked up and saw my pubic hair and said "I don't have hair there." I told her she would someday. I said "it's fuzzy, huh?" She giggled and said she would like to have fuzzy hair someday. I don't want to even think about her having fuzzy hair! She's only 3.5 years old! I want to bottle up my kids and not let them grow up. They're so cute! D's been putting the pop beads around her waist and I call it her tutu. She does the hula with them around her waist. That won't be as cute on a 12 year old!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment