Monday, August 16, 2010

Kids say the darndest...and don't

D has always been a talker. From 10 months on. She has said some really cute and funny things over the years. Fortunately, I remembered on many of them to write them down in her baby book. And then I started this blog because there were too many. There have been a few in the last few days. I don't always remember to write them down and of course, they get forgotten. Today's winner was when talking about her prize for staying in bed, she told me, "you need to stay in bed for 4 nights to get a prize." What I would give to stay in bed for 4 nights! She also told us that she needed her privacy in the bathroom. That's what we get for reading a Book of Big Words to a 3 year old!

Then there is little man, B. He hasn't started talking yet. He's 15 months. Awhile back, he was saying "dada" and said "dah" for dog. But that has stopped. He used to say "lalalalala" but that has stopped too. We're getting a little worried. I wonder if it's because D never stops talking and B just takes it all in. He does get louder when she's not around. It's definitely not a hearing issue. He loves to dance and be-bop to music, to D's singing and whatever else he hears. He does his "happy dance" as I call it to the dancing flowerpot. He is able to communicate through some pointing and he signs the word "more." So I don't think he's autistic or anything. Maybe he's just taking his sweet time. We go for his 15 month well visit next week so if there's any question, I will request an evaluation with a speech therapist. I worry about my little boy.

B has a cold. I hate it when the kids are sick. I feel like I can't take their pain away. I would love for him to sleep on my chest and just wake up healthy again. Instead, I put him to bed with snot dripping from his nose, humidifier running and just hoping that he sleeps through. I hope D doesn't get sick. But if she does, I hope it happens soon so that we don't go for weeks and weeks with illness around the house. I wish I did a better job with not worrying about them being sick. I wish I could just roll with the punches. I will go try and take a deep breath and not think about it too much. Yea right.

No comments:

Post a Comment