Monday, August 23, 2010

Walking Man

It's official. B is walking! And he's so dang cute. He's like a drunken sailor. It started this morning. He was sitting on the step in the family room. I was sitting on the floor in the center of the room near the ottoman. He got up, stood there and contemplated. I reached out to him and said "come on bud!" And just like that, he walked over to me. About 6-7 feet. It was awesome. He had been walking 4-5 steps at a time in the days leading up to today. But this was different. I am so happy that he is finally walking. I feel like this and him giving up his morning nap will open the door for me to find some sanity. It's been so hard getting out to do things with the kids because we're limited on time and he's in the stroller. So we took the kids to buy shoes. B for his first pair ever and D for a bigger pair since apparently she is in the midst of yet another growth spurt. Here is B walking for the first time in his shoes. He was still way more content crawling. In the evening, Grammie and Grandpa came over to see him walk and he put on quite the show. Fortunately Grandpa got some good video.



D's new shoes were not my first choice but she loves them so what could I do. I need to upload a picture.

Yesterday, we let the kids romp in the wading pool for the first time this summer. Not really sure why we didn't do this before but I guess there were reasons. Anyway, B loved it. He was in the water in minutes. No fear. He was crawling in the water, in the grass and on the patio. D was having fun even though she is way too big for the pool. Oh well, she loved it and since it was 100 degrees out and we needed something to do, it was the activity of the day.









The days of summer....hard life being a kid!

1 comment:

  1. Go B go!!!! That is so exciting! Get ready to run after him... he looks like a runner, not a walker! :)

    ReplyDelete