Thursday, October 21, 2010

Is B sick or allergic?

So we introduced B to peanuts a couple weeks ago. Really slowly. A bite at a time. Thought he was fine. But then after giving him more, his stomach revolted. He's been having diarrhea for about 5 days now, on and off. The thing is, I stopped the nuts. So we don't know if he's sick or what. He has no fever, seems happy. He's really tired though because he's giving up his first nap. Not sure what is going on but it's giving me so much anxiety. Tonight he flipped out after I put him to bed which he never does. I had to go back into his room and get him because he wouldn't calm down. He still wasn't running a fever but anytime he acts out of sorts, it means he's getting sick. So now I'm in panic mode. Fortunately, after taking him back in his room, he fell asleep on me so I put him back in his crib. He was awake, fussed a little and went right to sleep. That was 2.5 hours ago. Here's hoping he stays asleep and is just really tired. He napped almost 2 hours today though. UGH! I hate not knowing! And it's always at night!

D made me feel better. After I put B down again, D and I cuddled on the couch while we watched the baseball game with David. I think she knew that I was in need of some love. That's exactly what she gave me. And then, she went pretty much right to sleep after we put her down too. A good night for her.

I know I can't control when my kids get sick. And it makes me so anxious when they get don't feel well. My stomach literally flip flops. I don't know why I feel like I can't handle it but logic just doesn't work when I'm in the thick of it. I know I can deal if I have to. So why the freak out? Does all this go back to D's RSV? No clue. Time for therapy because this is ridiculous. I shouldn't be this wound up. I know it will be better when B can talk. Hope that starts soon. Something else to worry about. Not good at this mommy thing sometimes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment