Sunday, October 3, 2010

Chocolate covered hot dogs

No, we didn't have them for dinner last night. D and I have been making up stories instead of reading for bed the last several nights. The first night we did it, I came up with a story in which we ate chocolate covered hot dogs. It wasn't the story that was funny. It was her response. "That's TERRIBLE!" I've never heard her use that word before and her expression was hilarious. She loves chocolate and hot dogs but apparently, she has no desire to eat them together. So funny. She is getting very imaginative in her play and is playing more by herself. She is enjoying that B is more interactive as well although he's still not talking.

I will be calling the doctor tomorrow to get a referral for a speech therapist. B sounds like a caveman. He points and tries to communicate but doesn't seem to make any effort to babble or make words. He says "dah" every now and then but that's it. It makes me sad that he gets frustrated because he can't tell us what he wants. We get frustrated too. I just hope it's nothing serious and that once we do therapy the words start flowing. He's almost 17 months old. I did notice this morning that he has 4 more teeth coming in. That might be the reason why he's been so fussy the last few days!

September was a hard month. I didn't post a lot because we had some "issues" that I didn't want to advertise. I'm hoping I will be much better about posting in October! I have to do Snapfish for Sept so at least there will be pictures to remind us of the good things that happened.

1 comment:

  1. i hope you doing better and the issues have been resolved... if not, i am here for you. :)
    LOVE the made up stories at bed time... i was a bit shocked when i saw the title... Jill serving chocolate covered hot dogs, impossible! good to know i do not have to follow suit and serve mine your new recipe!!!! one day at a time my dear friend... one day at a time... love you!

    ReplyDelete