Sunday, May 30, 2010

1st Birthday Bash

So yesterday we celebrated B's 1st birthday with his cousin T. They are 6 weeks apart so we decided to do a joint thing for the family. We did it at our house so that the family could all come. I was surprised that everyone made it since it was Memorial Day weekend. Even Leslye came. So nice. Anyway, lots of preparation over the last couple days but with the house decorated, lots of food to eat and a big cupcake cake, we were ready. Erica had also made 2 smashcakes for the little ones that they definitely enjoyed smashing. It was a big success. D didn't even cry at everyone singing happy birthday! She had a blast with Rachel and Wendie here. Kona was on her best behavior too. It really was a great party. My biggest complaint? Out of 150 pics, I really didn't get any good ones. I can't trust anyone to take pictures of my kids. I'm so bummed! I'm really hoping Molly got some good ones of the kids because the ones I have aren't the greatest. Ergh. Oh well, I will just say that at least the party was a success and we had fun!

B and T in their party shirts. Molly and I didn't even plan this!


B enjoying his cake and D looking, well, not so happy. She just wanted her cupcake!



B and D enjoying their cake!


D finally getting to enjoy her cupcake!



After B had gone to bed, it was cuddle time for D. After such a long and crazy day, I expected her to be a little strung out. Instead she was as cute as ever. I helped her onto our bed and she was lying on top of me. I said "I love you so much." And she said "I know" and kissed me on the nose. Then laid her head back on top of mine and sucked her thumb. When we put her to bed, she sang, or tried to sing anyway, "You are my Sunshine" with us. My sweet 3 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment