Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tea party princess

Today I had to play dress up with my daughter. Ok, when I had a girl, I thought there might be a chance that she'd be girly but I really didn't give it a second thought until recently. Her favorite color is pink, she likes to wear dresses and skirts, she likes to dance, and here's the kicker, she wanted a princess tea party set from the Disney Store. Oh lord. And what did her Dad do? He promised it to her. Now granted, he promised it to her if she stayed in bed for 4 nights, but he still promised it to her. And now, I had to play dress up/tea party with her today. I had to search in my closet for something to wear. I don't even have something I can wear to play such a game. I had to make it up. I used a swaddling blanket for a shawl!



Someday D will know how much work I put into this. Not just finding something to wear, but dress up has never been something I'm good at. I love you D, but let's play soccer or baseball next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment