Thursday, May 20, 2010

The drooler and his sister

B can not stop drooling. That boy is nonstop. He has 6 teeth with 2 coming in. We could stop the drought in California with his saliva. D was not like this. She drooled for awhile but after her first 4 teeth, stopped. I actually asked D today if she had peed through her undies because I stepped in a wet stop in the family room. It was B's drool! Unbelievable. At least the boy nursed today. Made me feel better! He is crawling so fast now and balancing better when standing. It's only a matter of time before that boy will need a leash. Big difference between B & D. She sure started out slower than he has but I guess that's the difference between boys and girls. He is adorable though. The giggles are contagious and I love it. Why he is constantly sticking his hand down my shirt, I'll never know. I'm sure I'll miss it when it stops. The way he and D communicate - grunt back and forth at each other. Priceless. CUTE!

Not only did D pee in the potty this afternoon, but she only called us in once tonight and never left her room before falling asleep. Hallelujah! Now we'll see what the night brings. I think it helped to cuddle with her in her bed and role play mom and big girl - which she initiated! She kept telling me if I didn't stay in bed and sleep the sun wouldn't come up and then she wouldn't take me to Target for a prize. Perhaps we just need to keep doing that so she can remind herself. I don't want her to grow up too fast but lordy, she needs to grow up a little!

It was fun surprising her tonight. I crawled into her bed while she was brushing her teeth and she didn't know I was there, even when she was getting her book. Dad said, "Where's Mommy" and she said that she thought I was out front. When she saw me she laughed and said "I didn't see you in my bed" with the cutest little grin on her face. Most of the day I wanted to ring her neck as she pushed every button I had. At that moment, I remembered why I hadn't done so.

No comments:

Post a Comment