Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Long Day

The sitter came so I could run errands with only one child. D didn't have school today. So B and I went to Target. He was fussy. Very congested still with his cold that his loving sister gave him for a birthday present. Came home, did the lunch routine, D peed in the potty (about a tablespoon) and then it was nap time. And before I knew it, nap time for B was over (only 40 minutes). However, D slept for an hour and a half so that was nice. She's doing well in her big bed for naps. Once she was up, we had snack and then went to Whole Foods. We got home and went for a walk. While on our walk, we saw our neighbor Jeanette who I literally haven't talked to since the week we moved into the house (2.5 years ago). D was younger than B is now! We ended up going across the street and D played with her younger son Jasen who is now 4. It was nice to have someone in the neighborhood be so nice! She said anytime we needed someone to watch D, just call. It was so nice to hear. I always feel like we live in a place where relationships like that don't exist and it makes me so cranky!

Fast forward to bedtime....

B didn't want to nurse. I think our BFing days might be coming to an end and I'm so sad.

D got up about 5 times for 3 diaper changes and finally decided she needed to put lotion on. David found her with lotion all over her hands, in her mouth and on the doorknob (she probably tried to get out!). OY! These are the days when I wished she was older. The first time I changed her diaper though, I went in because I heard her moving around on the monitor (while we were making dinner). As I walked down the hallway, I noticed her light was on. I walked into her bedroom and she was looking at the bookshelf. There was a huge bulge in her diaper. I asked her what was going on and she said she had pooped. I asked why she hadn't called for me and she said "I was waiting for you to be done eating." So dang sweet.

Since I just started blogging again, here's a brief update on the kids. B is a year old and is 25lbs, 29.5 inches. D is 3 years 4 months and 41 lbs. Not sure how tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment