Monday, May 17, 2010

Potty Training and Big Girl Bed

The last time I blogged, B was 3 months old. Now he's 12 months old. A lot has happened.

One of those things is that we just put D in her big girl bed in the hopes that it will motivate the potty training. She has peed several times in the potty but it's not consistent and it's quite the control issue. So, the big girl bed. It has its perks. I don't have to lift her in or out. Downside, she is so dang quiet that she sneaks up on us in the family room! She doesn't get up too much but enough and also early in the morning. Drives me crazy!

You can't get mad when the child wants to get out of bed to change her own diaper! Last night, I heard her door so I went back to see what D was up to. As I passed by the bathroom, I noticed there was a diaper in the middle of the floor. When I went into her room, she was standing by the cubby where the diapers are with her pants off and no diaper on. I asked her what she was doing and she said "I tried to go potty and I was going to put on my diaper." So dang cute! Tonight, I heard her doing something and when I went back to see, her light was on with the door open. On the floor was the diaper, the desitin and the wipes. I said, "why are you up now?" She said "I pooped. I got all this out for you." It took all I had not to laugh. I explained to her that she had to stay in bed and call for us. I told her that there are some things she can't do. Changing her diaper is one of them. But you can't get mad at her for stuff like this. She just wants to be helpful and grown-up. A real big girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment